Community Engagement Process (CEP)
Involving Community Residents in Evaluation and Needs Assessments
The Community Engagement Process (CEP) mobilizes communities around a given issue by training community residents to interview their neighbors. Residents become involved and engaged in the issue, often staying on to actually work on the issue after the data collection is completed.
Philliber provides the training and supervision of community residents and analysis of the data. A report is written and community members are convened at an event to decide what to do next about the chosen issue.
Steps to the Community Engagement Process (CEP):
1. A grassroots group of residents is assembled.
2. The group creates the survey.
3. Local interviewers are hired from the community.
4. Interviewers are trained.
5. They survey a sample of neighborhood residents.